Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Ikea Experience - Part 2

I never got around to writing the rest of my Ikea experience. The rest of my experiences at Ikea haven't been so bad. After all of my bedroom furniture was delivered, I found that one key item had been forgotten. Was a slight mixup with the people at the home delivery section - they thought I'd taken it, but I'd left it with them.

I called Ikea, got connected to Montreal, who bounced me back to the complaints department (funnily enough, located in Vancouver). I spoke to a woman who was friendly enough, but wasn't sure that Ikea could get the part to me for a couple of days. Until this:

  1. Her: You live on Robson St?
  2. Me: Yep.
  3. Her: What's the nearest cross-street?
  4. Me: Um, nearest major one is Denman St.
  5. Her: I live right near you. I'll bring it home from work.

Turned out that she lives in the sister building of mine (ie. same design, just next door), and she was just moving in to Vancouver, like I was. What were the odds?

No comments: