Sunday, June 03, 2007

Wrist Status

Back of my right hand starts tingling if I type for about half an hour without the wrist brace. Back of my left hand takes about three hours to reach the same state, though I don't have a brace for it to use anyway. I sometimes get pain around the actual right wrist, and up the forearm, regardless of whether I use the brace or not. I also get pain inside both left and right shoulders.

A friend at work gave me some pain relief cream to rub on my hands from time to time. Seems to work on the back of the hands, but everything else seems too internal. Sometimes I can feel the tendons dragging back and forth inside my wrist. I've started taking anti-inflammatory pills (Naproxen, 500mg, twice daily) that were originally prescribed for my back. That seems to have calmed things down a bit. I'll see how I go this week.

No comments: