Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Bargain Shoppers

Yesterday I received a parcel from a special friend in Australia. It was a set of his and her Australian woollen feet warmers, some uniquely Australian stationery, and funny signs to hang over doorknobs at work. We'll have to get some doors at work now. :)

All the presents are awesome, but I have to show you this photo of the doorknobs, and it's for a very special reason. It is a common practice for people to remove price tags before giving them as gifts, but look closely and you can see instead her pride at finding such a bargain gift. Yes, that's right, she wrote "Bargin!" on the price sticker, and a smiley face. I love it.

I have to admit, I do enjoy bargain shopping. It's not a standard male trait, but I do. Take the 500gb external hard disk drive that I bought; I have no use for it right now, but it was $200 off! Final price was $135! I can't go past that!

And I take my hat off to Emily. She scored herself a high quality 1680x150 22" LCD screen, with 3 years back-to-store warranty and a DVI cable included, for $260. I still can't believe that. It would've been decent value at $350. Just awe inspiring. :)

No comments: