Thursday, November 15, 2007

Climbing the Walls

Yeah, things have been stressful here. So, when I visited Emily this last weekend, we did the only thing appropriate: wall climbing.

It was awesome. Emily and I got to practice our teamwork (initially learned in Splinter Cell), as one had to hold the rope and operate a ratcheting mechanism while the other one climbed. I was lucky she was there - by the end of the day my arms were so tired I just fell off the wall twice.

All the climbs were about 4m straight up, though the variation in knobs and handholds made some walls much more difficult to climb than others. On some you had to practically leap from your current position and hope you caught the next handhold before falling. It was kind of cool really.

Only one problem: my arms didn't function properly for 2 days afterwards. :) I was unable to squeeze or grip anything. I couldn't even squeeze a water spray bottle, my fingers and arms were that tired.

Still great fun though. :D

No comments: