Sunday, September 14, 2008

Chinese Yo-yos

Emily spent a few hours today trying to teach me how to use a Chinese Yo-yo. She has a lot of experience, but I think we can agree that I'm not the best student. :)

Still, she persevered and managed to teach me the correct way to make it spin, and got me to the point of 'throwing' the yo-yo into the air for her to catch. We succeeded a couple of times, though mainly due to her skill at catching than my skill at throwing...

I'm hoping that she'll continue to teach me. At the very least, this should be good exercise for my arms and backs. At the worst, it is something else to do when the wind dies and the kites won't fly.

One day, we might be able to throw a pair of yo-yos to each other, without the danger of ripping skin from toes... :D

No comments: