Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Spitting Distance

In January I went to Tasmania for my sister's wedding. On arrival I stuffed my back again (muscular problem, thankfully) and was kept busy trying to finish my thesis. The end result was that I didn't do a few things that I wanted to, including visiting one of my best friends living down there. Thinking it would be too much trouble on top of everything else, I left it.

Speaking to him recently, we found out just how physically close we were. In roughly his words, "I could have spit on where you were staying from my house if there was a good southerly".

I'm happy he didn't, but regretting I didn't look him up. He has wireless broadband.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it fun when you find out how close you really were to someone and if only... kinda things? I've had so many of those.. Though, we're spitting distance as well.. if you consider evaporation, and maybe if the wind/clouds go the right direction.. with the right speed... :)