Monday, April 03, 2006

Time Difference Advantage

There's now an 8 hour time difference between me and Australia, which has its advantages sometimes. One more recent one comes with Column 8 from the Sydney Morning Herald. They work from submissions from readers, and they review incoming stuff really early in the morning - about the same time I get to work. This means I can sit down, read the latest stuff, and give my comments. Just means that you are fractionally more likely to get your submission accepted, which is always fun.

Yesterday someone commented on the odd traffic signs outside legendary cricketer Don Bradman's former residence. So there I am now (Peter Harvey, Vancouver) noting "Doesn't it seem uniquely appropriate to have a strip of grass with 'No standing' signs at each end in front of Don Bradman's former residence?".

My previous submission was to list out all the longest numeric palindromes that form a real word on a mobile phone with predictive text. For what it's worth, they are:

  • depressed 337737733
  • discharge 347242743
  • evaporate 382767283
  • imitating 464828464
  • possessor 767737767
  • represses 737737737

No comments: