Saturday, June 14, 2008

Kites And Things

What's been happening recently? A lot of little things...

  • My laptop harddrive has died. As of yesterday, I could not successfully boot into Linux. As of today, I just get prompted with with grub> _, indicating that even the bootloader is now dead. Luckily it seems that my drive is still under warranty, and I have recovered virtually all files.
  • The weather has been pretty miserable, so I haven't been getting out to fly kites. My Prism Snapshot 1.4 is still on order, though I might be tempted to move up to the 1.9 if it takes too long.
  • Emily will be home on Wednesday. I need to clean my apartment before her family all arrive. :) That means a proper vacuum, mopping, laundry, dish washing, and organising the place. We might also be taking a trip to Seattle one day, just for fun.
  • Last Tuesday I went to help a friend paint her place. I'd never done that before, and it was surprisingly easy. Looking around, I can see a few spots on my walls that could do with repainting. I'll just keep covering them with framed posters.

No comments: