Thursday, January 26, 2006

Post Australia Day

Yesterday was Australia Day. It's a fantastic day for families, with a huge number of people out at the beaches for some fun. I spent most of it working, of course. PhD students don't get holidays (we just take them instead).

My flatmate and I did manage to get out to see the fireworks, which ran a full 20 minutes and was actually pretty impressive. Half the fun was getting there though, with him riding side-saddle on the rear-mounted cargo tray of my push-bike. 25kph, overtaking other cyclists... we should've done this before! :)

PS.The head in the picture is just some random girl. Not my flatmate.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you supplying additional info about the mystery person in the photo

Anonymous said...

Bloody phd students...dont have to do any work...just take holidays whenever they freaking feel like it...Not like us hardworking undergrad commerce kids...

*sigh* what has this world come to?