Thursday, March 02, 2006

Squish the Grasshopper

I recently tried talking to someone who had no clue what they were talking about and refused to learn/listen. He comes into the epiphany channel under 3 different pseudonyms and tries to get us to use alternative operating system concepts... that don't work. I pushed him to explain what problems he was trying to solve, and got these:

If people only did things to solve problems, we wouldn't have any technology, because we wouldn't have any of the problems in the first place.
Only because of advancements the problems came along to be solved.
My ideas don't have to solve any problems. It's an alternative way of doing things; one that can solve new problems.

The final straw came with:

What are you calling ideas in this case?

I gave him plentiful advice on how to approach people correctly to present his solutions, and respecting the opinions of others, but he refused. I think that's the first time I've asked for someone to be kicked and banned from the channel, and I have no regrets.

No comments: