Thursday, January 18, 2007

Heat in the Bedroom

A few nights ago I was cleaning up my bedroom. Clean laundry had been piled on one side of the bed (I don't have a use for most of my bed) for about a month. I figured that a month was long enough and was putting it away... and noticed it was still warm. First thought:

It's retained heat from the dryer awfully well!
Second thought:
It's slowly catching fire from the nearby power point!
I then noticed that a certain spot on my bedroom wall was awfully warm. It seems that something is very hot in the neighbour's bedroom. So hot that it's heating my wall!

Whatever the source of their bedroom heat is, it's quiet and not bothering me. Unlike the neighbours on the other side of the apartment, whose bedroom gets very hot... and very audible...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's lovely when you can hear your neighbours isn't it? I got to know one of my neighbours very well - even though I only met him about three times in one year.

I could go on about exactly how many girlfriends he has had, what he likes to do and at what times, how loud the snoring is (very!) and exactly what people do at 5:00 when they can't sleep and don't know that the wall may as well be paper.. but.. I won't. I'm sure everyone's imagination can fill in the blanks.

Oh, for the days when I lived in a flat where the floor plan was mirror imaged - who's bright idea was it to put two master bedrooms back to back?