Sunday, January 14, 2007

Not Safe Alone

I probably shouldn't be allowed out of adult supervision. I went to cook soup on the stove, and did the following:

  1. Put the pot of canned soup on the stove
  2. Turned on an element.
  3. Sat back down at the computer until I noticed an odd smell.
  4. Noticed that I turned on the wrong element and some nylon utensils left in a neighbouring pot were about to be boiled.
  5. Turned off the stove and saved the utensils from certain doom.
  6. Turned an element on.
  7. Sat back down at the computer until I noticed an odd smell.
  8. Noticed that I turned on the wrong element and the other pot was starting to steam again.
  9. Turned off the stove and studied the diagrams for a minute.
  10. Turned an element on.

Later that night I had some soup, with toast. Don't ask about the toast.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A good friend of mine managed to melt his cooking utensils into the pan. Good effort there :)