Saturday, May 17, 2008

300 Posts Later

This is blogpost number 300 and, coincidentally, my 28th birthday. It's also the first warm long weekend this year and, for those who are interested, 789 days since I left Australia for Canada. So how have things changed since blogpost number 200? Things have definitely improved...

  • I've just been treated to brunch and a birthday cake by my friends at work, plus long distance phone calls from family, friends, and Emily
  • I've moved to a great new apartment in the West End
  • I've got most of my stuff shipped from Australia
  • I've started making non-work friends (yay!)
  • I've taken up kite flying again, and having great fun with it
  • I've submitted my thesis, and am in the process of nominating reviewers
  • I've stopped working so hard
  • I've started going out more
  • I've started exploring more of Stanley Park (did you know that Lovers Trail is one of the rockiest in the park?)
  • Best of all, Emily is coming to Vancouver very, very, soon

Yeah, life is definitely moving forward. I'm the happiest I've been since I got here, and some of the guys have noticed.

Bizarrely, one thing hasn't changed since blogpost 200 - I'm sunburnt again. We had a nice change of weather, I went down to the beach, and suddenly I'm (lightly!) burnt all over. That's what winter does to you.

P.S. I'll post a photo of the birthday cake later. Right now, I'm completely buggered from walking, cycling, frisbee, badminton, and just generally doing stuff.

P.P.S. Technically, my birthday was yesterday according to Australian time. It's not like "a year" is an accurate measure of time anyway. :P

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Pete!

We sent a card, hopefully it got there. We've been a bit busy with Olly teething, Brian selling his car, and me not getting enough sleep.

Ahhh... the family life. :)