Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Finally Moved In

Well, I finally have all of my stuff. After 2 and a bit years in Canada, my boxes from Australia have arrived. Thanks to Tom at work, we collected the boxes from the warehouse this morning, and I got to have fun opening them this afternoon. Some were very heavy and quite a challenge to unpack. (How do you get a heavy crate out of a big cardboard box? Cut the bottom of the box and let it fall out!)

So far, I've found a lot of books. Lots and lots of books. And DVDs. And CDs. Who knew I had a licensed copy of UT2003? And cookbooks? I need to get a second bookshelf, and soon.

I've found a lot of random memorabilia. There's the corkboard I've had since highschool, the pencil case I've had since primary school, lots of coloured tealight cangles, my pizza stone, a jar of vegemite (use by 2007...), a little lantern, a set of Chinese hand exercise balls, a miniature laptop desk ornament, a set of photo frames, my cap from the Logic Summer School, the book I was reading when I left Australia (!), all my old tools, lots of kitchen stuff, a LotR boxed DVD set and framed poster, and my undergraduate degrees... I need to hang up a lot of this stuff.

And there's lots of stuff I'd been missing. My Pound Puppies that I've had since I was really little (complete with a bandaid from their immunisation shots...), my body pillow to help my posture, a quilt cover set I'd worried was given away, and a big soft blanket for the Canadian winters. Plus there's my tent and sleeping bag, just in time for summer. :)

There's also a heap of shirts and other clothing. It all smells a little musty (hey, it's been two years) and will need a wash. I'm looking forward to using the bathrobe and wearing some of my old shirts again. There's also lots of other little souvenirs that I've picked up over my life, including random notes and cards and stuff.

I haven't finished unpacking everything yet. Still, I now have everything of mine from Australia (except for the stuff at Mum and Dad's house...). I have officially "moved" to Canada.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are really thrilled to have some of your own things around you. Enjoy.